If someone besides you is present, they should dial 911 immediately. If you're alone with the victim,
try to call for help prior to starting CPR on an adult and after a minute on a
Before we learn what to do in an emergency, we must first emphasize what not to do:
- DO NOT leave the victim alone.
- DO NOT try make the victim drink water.
- DO NOT throw water on the victim's face.
- DO NOT prompt the victim into a sitting position.
- DO NOT try to revive the victim by slapping his face.
Provide operator with:
1. Your location
2. Your phone number
3. Type of emergency
4. Victim's condition